At WDK, we understand how to create effective websites that help prospective customers connect with your brand. Not sure what you need on your site? We have provided some suggestions below to get you started.
1. A simple domain name.Your URL should be something someone can jot down easily when they hear it. Long or complex domain names can irritate users and keep them from finding your site. Stick with a .com if possible and use keywords relevant to your industry.
2. Good use of basic SEO practice.Search engine optimization (SEO) means creating a website that search engines are likely to understand and index well for individuals looking for businesses like yours. We keep a finger on the pulse of current best practices so our clients do as well as possible in the SERPs.
3. Consistent branding.Every page of your site should have a consistent tone, colors, fonts, and other branding elements. This helps visitors develop a clear image of your business in their minds. Consistent branding also helps build a feeling of familiarity, which builds warmth for your brand.
4. A quality logo.A good logo is clean, instantly recognizable, and adaptable across a wide array of assets. We can discuss logo options with you and help create one that will help differentiate your brand and strengthen your brand image.
5. A clear company description.What does your business do? Who are you and what can you offer yours to your community? The “About Us” page should include these details in a clear and concise manner. Keep it brief and direct while providing the information and character that will make potential customers more curious about your brand.
6. Easy, intuitive navigation.If visitors can’t find what they want on your website quickly and easily, they are at risk of navigating away and going to one of your competitors instead. Clean websites with easy to use navigation are essential for engagement. When websites are designed with ease of use in mind, they do a more effective job of helping your customers connect with you.
7. Easy to find contact information.Ideally, your website should have contact information on every page, as well as a dedicated page that shows your company name, address, phone number, email, and business hours. These don’t just help individual customers communicate with you. They also help with local SEO, putting you higher in the results.
8. Responsive web design.Today’s web visitors are as likely to use a tablet or cell phone as they are to use their home computers. Responsive web design means designing a website so it displays/orients content automatically, no matter what sort of device or browser your visitors are using. The result is a site that offers a seamless navigation experience on any platform, meaning that your users can always find the information that they need.
9. Quality content.Your website is often the first experience a visitor will have with your brand. Make it a good one by showing them the information they need to make a decision. This can include everything from relevant, authoritative blog posts and articles to ebooks and other content. Fresh content also helps keep search engines interested and places you well in the SERPs.
10. Social media links.Your website isn’t the only place that potential clients can engage with your brand. Include links to your presence on sites that include Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more. This way, users can keep up with you on their platform of choice, keeping your brand top of mind. Figure out which social media platforms are most relevant to your brand and claim a presence there.
11. A contact form.In addition to an email address, you should have a contact form where visitors can easily get in touch with you. The simpler it is for them to ask questions, make appointments and more, the more likely it is they will move forward in a relationship with your company.
12. Reviews and testimonials.Four out of five consumers say that they put as much trust in online reviews as they do on personal recommendations from a friend. When customers see that others have had a good experience with you, they are more likely to trust you with their business.
13. Good hosting.All hosting plans are not created equal. Some discount plans allow for only very limited traffic; this means that you have a risk of customers being unable to connect with your site. Make sure you choose a plan that offers the speed, data, and reliability that you need to keep your site online and accessible for your visitors.
14. Quality security.In today’s digital environment, it is vital that you keep your business and the people who visit you online safely. If you are collecting any personal data, especially financial or medical data, you need to adhere to current best practices for secure transactions. Make sure you work with professionals who are up-to-date on those requirements.
15. Clear, compelling Calls to Action.Your call to action (CTA) is a clear call for your visitor to complete a specific action. Decide what you want your customers to do, then ask, whether it’s making a purchase, setting up an appointment, or calling you to learn more about your services. Adding each of these elements to your site means a more robust online presence that will help you connect with more potential clients. Want to ensure that you have an inviting website that makes prospects choose your brand? We can help. Get in touch today for a free virtual discovery meeting to learn more.
Comments are closed.